Thursday, October 11, 2018

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Thursday, October 11, 2018 Dear Parents, We have rescheduled our trip to the Apple Store. We will return on Wednesday, November 7. We will leave the school at 10:00 and return about 12:30. I have all the signed permission slips. I will just need those that can join us to email me that you can chaperone on this date. We look forward to recording our creation stories. I have sent a permission slip for what will be our first field trip on Thursday, November 1, in today’s folder. We will be walking to the Performing Arts Center to see Alaska Junior Theater’s “Black Violin” from 9:45-12:00. This is a great opportunity to see two incredible performers! Conferences will be held Wednesday, October 24 from 1:00-4:00 p.m. and Thursday, October 25 from 1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Students will be released at 12:30 p.m. on October 24 and 25 and there is no school on Friday, October 26. Parents now have the ability to schedule conference times online. The Conference Scheduler is available starting Monday, October 8. Scheduling early offers you the opportunity to secure conference times that work best for your family. Please visit the online scheduler on the district website. You will need to go to mix and find my name to find my schedule. If you are not able to use the online system, please call or email. I look forward to meeting with you all and celebrating your child’s progress. The students were crying and wailing at the end of the day today when I told them there would be no spelling homework the next two weeks due no school on the in-service day Friday, October 19 and the following conference week. We will return with homework on Monday, October 19 and the spelling test on Friday, November 2. Next Thursday, October we will celebrate a wonderful first quarter by having a class Read-In. Students can bring a blanket, stuffed animal, pajamas, and a favorite book. I will be serving waffles and juice. It should be a lot of fun! If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at moyer_craig@asdk12.org or call or write me a note. Sincerely, Craig Moyer

No comments:

Post a Comment