Thursday, January 11, 2018

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Thursday, January 11, 2018 Dear Parents, Happy New Year! I hope you all had a healthy and happy holiday season. The students seem eager to be back and are resuming their working routines. I’m looking forward to a great second semester! I have sent second quarter report cards home in today’s folder. I met with all the students before the break and had them evaluate their own behavior marks. I was impressed how self-aware and honest the students were with their assessments. Please take a few moments to talk with your child to celebrate his or her accomplishments and discuss some areas he or she needs to improve. Teaching your children how to set goals is an important tool and gift that you can give them. I sent homework for this Friday’s spelling test on Monday and we have been working on them in the classroom as well. I have attached a copy of these words to the back of this newsletter. This is a list of words that all students should be able to spell every time they write by the end of third grade. I have given them to everyone so they can see where they are at this time. These are also great words to practice reading quickly to improve their reading speed and accuracy. I have next week’s homework in today’s folder. This week the students have been studying pronouns, geometry, graphing, practicing math facts, reading, writing friendly letters, journaling, learning about the scientific method, reading comprehension and activities, measurement, penmanship, and more. It is great to be back working with your children! Remember that there is no school on Monday, January 15 due to the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at moyer_craig@asdk12.org of call or write me a note. Sincerely, Craig Moyer

No comments:

Post a Comment