Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Dear Parents,
        
Thursday, September 28 is Picture Day at Denali! I have sent home order forms in today’s folder. Please have your child practice his or her smile this week
I hope you have a chance to take a look at our first bulletin board of the year when you stop by. Third grader, Annaliza, designed the bulletin board with the slogan, “You Will Go Far Room 177”. The students colored a hiker body and another student took face pictures to put on top of the body. Annaliza then put it altogether. It really is a great bulletin board and I must say I haven’t looked this good in years. Students took over the job of creating the bulletin boards years ago when I realized that the students have much better ideas and creations than I do. Please stop by and check out Annaliza’s wonderful work!
The students have really been working hard this work concentrating, persevering, and creating a peaceful learning environment. It’s been very nice to see all the students engaged in learning. I have been really impressed with the first graders and how they have adapted to so much change in their lives. We have also been working on alphabetical order, adjectives and articles, math facts and operations, guided reading groups, story writing, writing letters (Thank you and friendly), place value, penmanship and more! I love working with your children.
Thank you for all the can food that has been coming in to help families in need. We will continue to collect nonperishable food items. Please drop them off on the table next to the office.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at moyer_craig@asdk12.org or call or write me a note. Thanks.

Sincerely,


Craig Moyer


No comments:

Post a Comment