Thursday, September 19, 2019

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Thursday, September 19, 2019 Dear Parents, Our first field trip of the year will be on Wednesday, October 9. We will be walking to the Apple Store in the 5th Avenue Mall to participate in "Coding with Sphero" We will leave the school at about 10:10 and should return about 12:30. This will be a fun learning experience and it's free! I have included permission slips in today's folder. Please mark your calendars for next Thursday, September 26 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. This is your chance to visit the classroom and find out more about the Montessori program at the Denali Open House. I look forward to seeing you then! It's been a busy week in Room 177. The students have been learning about the adjective, counting and identifying coins for 1st graders and counting money and putting it in decimal form for the 2nd and 3rd graders, writing friendly letters, reading, spelling, math facts and operations, penmanship, reading activities, math problem solving, creative writing and more! The students are getting more independent and creating a peaceful atmosphere to work. Your children are amazing to work with and continue to make me smile daily. One of the many "Montessori Moments" that happens in Room 177 warmed my heart the other day. One of the first graders was having trouble making friends at recess. I asked a couple of other first graders if they would like to include this student with them at recess. My normally quiet voice (Ha, Ha) was overheard by most of the class and everyone that heard my request said that this student could join them as well. The smile on this student's face was priceless! It reminded me of what a great job I have and what incredible people your children are! If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at moyer_craig@asdk12.org or call or write me a note. Sincerely, Craig Moyer

No comments:

Post a Comment