Thursday, December 13, 2018

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Dear Parents, It’s hard to believe that the first semester has come to a close already. I’m really having a great time working with your children. They are a very kind, hard-working, fun group to work with. Every year I am amazed at the growth that the students make. Your children, once again, amaze me. It is one of the true joys of my job. Holiday Night 2018 is tomorrow Friday, December 14th from 6:30-8:30. This event will be an opportunity for parents, students, faculty & staff to celebrate the season. The evening will incorporate singing by the Denali Choir and our class (that’s correct, our class will be singing), holiday fun and more. Mr. Stafford, our wonderful music teacher and choir director, would like the students to arrive at 6:00 to be prepared to sing at 6:30. Thanks! On Wednesday, December 19 we will have our annual gingerbread house creations and decorating session from 1:40-3:00. The students have volunteered to bring the items listed on the handout to share with all when we decorate. You can send in these items any time before December 19. You are welcome to join in the fun (Craziness) if you wish. Our trip to West High Pool on Thursday, December 20 from 12:30-2:30 is in need of drivers. As of today, I have only enough drivers to take 6 students. If I don’t have enough drivers by tomorrow, I will have to cancel the trip. There will be no new homework until January 2019. We will be testing Spelling List 13 tomorrow morning. You can go to www.denalimontessori177.blogspot.com and enter your email to receive an automatic email anytime I post a newsletter or any other items. During the winter break I encourage your children to continue reading at least 20 minutes a day so they keep up some of those newly learned skills. I wish you all a happy and healthy holiday season and I look forward to seeing you all in the New Year. If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at moyer_craig@asdk12.org or call or write me a note. Sincerely, Craig Moyer

No comments:

Post a Comment