Thursday, November 15, 2018

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Dear Parents, Our next field trip is on Friday, November 30 from 11:00-1:15. We will be walking to the Performing Arts Center to see Alaska Junior Theater’s “Air Play”. I have sent home permission slips in last week’s folder and have sent more to those that have not returned them. This should be a fun show. I have sent homework home this week. It is not due until Friday, November 30. There will be no spelling test next week due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Holiday Night 2018 will be held on Friday, December 14th from 6:30-8:30. This event will be an opportunity for parents, students, faculty & staff to celebrate the Season. The evening will incorporate singing by the Denali Choir and our class (that’s correct, our class will be singing), holiday fun and more. Please put this on your calendar. Our school is having a canned food drive. If you are able to donate a few cans, I know it will help those in need. Thank you. The students have been working hard this week on continent and ocean studies, the verb, math facts and operations, thank you letters, reading, writing, comprehension, geometry, vocabulary, science, and more. It has been a great week in Room 177! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It is a time for us to gather with friends and family and reflect on the many things we are thankful for. I am very thankful for your support at home with your children, all the volunteers that help listen to students read, make copies, are able to join us on field trips, and everything else that makes my job so enjoyable. I am thankful for such a great group of students who care about each other, work well together, and are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. I hope you all have a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday. If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at moyer_craig@asdk12.org or call or write me a note. Sincerely, Craig Moyer

No comments:

Post a Comment