Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Dear Parents,

Our next scheduled field trip is Thursday, November 30. We will walk to the Performing Arts Center to see Alaska Junior Theater’s “A Very Electric Christmas”. We will leave the school at 9:20 and should return by 11:45. I appreciate the gift of your time so we can attend these wonderful learning experiences. I have included permission slips in last week’s folder and have put in a second one for those I have not received. The cost is $8 for chaperones and students. Chaperones please meet in Room 177 by 9:10.
Winter has finally arrived in Anchorage and with it comes all the winter gear. Please remember to label your child’s boots, hats, gloves, snow pants, and other gear. It will make it a lot easier to sort out whose is whose. If you haven’t had time to get your child’s snow gear, please get it soon. We want your children to enjoy outdoor recess as comfortably as possible. If some of you have gently used gloves, hats, boots, coats, or snow pants that you don’t want any more, please consider donating them to nurse Marissa. We have several families in need of snow gear for their kids.
I have sent homework in today’s folder that will be due on Friday, December 1. We will not have homework during Thanksgiving week, but I will not be sending a folder home next week so you have lots of extra time to practice those words and read some good books.
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It is a time for us to gather with friends and family and reflect on the many things we are thankful for. I am thankful for my wonderful family, colleagues that I work with, and Mrs. R. I am very thankful for your support at home with your children, all the volunteers that help listen to students read, make copies, are able to join us on field trips, and everything else that makes my job so enjoyable. I am thankful for such a great group of students who care about each other, work well together, and are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. I hope you all have a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday.
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at moyer_craig@asdk12.org or call or write me a note. Thanks.

Sincerely,


Craig Moyer



No comments:

Post a Comment