Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thursday, January 12, 2017


Thursday, January 12, 2017

Dear Parents,

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a healthy and happy holiday season. The students seem eager to be back and are resuming their working routines. I’m looking forward to a great second semester!
         I have sent second quarter report cards home in today’s folder. Please take a few moments to talk with your child to celebrate his or her accomplishments and discuss some areas he or she needs to improve. Teaching your children how to set goals is an important tool and gift that you can give them.
I sent homework for this Friday’s spelling test on Monday. If you didn’t get time to complete it during the short week, don’t worry. You can send in what you were able to get done or turn it in when you finish. Please let me know if you are not ready to take the test on Friday. We can always reschedule that as well. I want the students to be prepared to do their best. I have next week’s homework in today’s folder.
We welcomed a new third grade student, Rachel, to our classroom this week. The students were excited to show her around, teach her how to use various Montessori materials, and make her feel comfortable. I love the welcoming spirit of your children!
         This week the students have been studying pronouns, geometry, practicing math facts, reading, writing friendly letters, journaling, learning about the scientific method, reading comprehension and activities, vocabulary, penmanship, and more. It is great to be back working with your children!
         If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at moyer_craig@asdk12.org of call or write me a note.

Sincerely,




Craig Moyer


No comments:

Post a Comment