Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thursday, September 29, 2016


Thursday, September 29, 2016

Dear Parents,
             
Our first field trip of the year will be tomorrow Friday, September 30! We will be walking the Anchorage Museum for a planetarium show and interactive experience and Spark Lab and Discovery Center explore time. Chaperones please meet in Room 177 by 9:30.  If you are able to arrive at 8:50, I could use your help with getting the spelling tests completed before we leave. We will leave the school at 9:45 and return at about 1:45. Students need to bring their own lunch and drink, unless they have ordered one from the cafeteria. Please have your child dressed for the weather. You may have noticed that there is no cost for this trip. The Anchorage Museum is our wonderful business partner that allows us access to all their incredible programs free of charge. Thank you Anchorage Museum!
I hope you take a look at our first bulletin board of the year when you come to visit. Third graders, Finn and Robert, designed the bulletin board with the slogan, “Room 177 Is On Top Of The World” The students colored a superhero body and another student took face pictures to put on top of the body. Finn and Robert then put it altogether. It really is a great bulletin board and I must say I haven’t looked this good in years. Students took over the job of creating the bulletin boards years ago when I realized that the students have much better ideas and creations than I do. Please stop by and check out Finn and Robert’s wonderful work!
Please sign up for the classroom newsletter online. You can go to www.denalimontessori177.blogspot.com and enter your email to receive an automatic email anytime I post a newsletter or other item.
Our snack cupboard is getting bare. As you know, I ask students to bring their own snacks to keep the brain working, but we do provide students that have hot lunch or have forgotten theirs with a snack. I appreciate all those that have kept the cupboard filled this first month of the year. The students and I appreciate it.
Thank you to our wonderful P.E. teacher, Mr. Horning, for another energetic cross-country running season! Many of the students had a great morning of running the last couple of weeks practicing for the big Cross-Country Jamboree at Bartlett this past Tuesday. It was a lot of fun seeing all the smiles as the students anticipated and finished their races. Thank you Mr. Horning for providing this healthy activity for Denali Montessori!
I would like to take the time to introduce to you the wonderful Mrs. R. Mrs. R. is Anne Rabinowitz, a retired teacher, who is a treasure for all the Room 177 students I have had for now the 10th year here at Denali. Mrs. R. comes in five days a week, unless she has grandmother duty, to help the students with their work, keep them on task, and provide them with care, compassion, and love while I give small group lessons. When those rare days she is absent from the classroom do occur, I notice. I have told her that I will have to retire when she gets tired of coming because I have never had to teach by myself. Mrs. R. does not have or has ever had any grandchildren go to Denali Montessori. She gives her time, talent, and care because she truly loves working with your children. I have always said that if I ever won the lottery, I would hire a full time aide. Well, I didn’t win the lottery, but I feel like I did the past ten years when Mrs. R. became part of Room 177. Please take the time to thank Mrs. R. for all she does for your children! She is a very special and vital part of Room 177 and I feel very fortunate that she shares herself with us every day.
 We have had a super week learning about the noun, penmanship, money, sentence editing, spelling, reading activities, classification, writing friendly letters, math facts and operations, geometry, exemplars, Maria Montessori’s “Second Great Lesson; The Creation of the Earth”, learning how to work with partners, and more!
            If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at moyer_craig@asdk12.org or call or write me a note. Thanks for all you do on behalf of your children!

Sincerely,

Craig Moyer


The one and only Mrs R.!

No comments:

Post a Comment