Thursday, May 19, 2016

Thursday, May 19, 2016


Thursday, May 19, 2016

Dear Parents,

I can’t believe this year is truly come to an end. I have learned so much from your children that will help me plan for next year’s class. I consider teaching a privilege, and have had a delightful year working with your children.

I would like to thank you for your support throughout the year. I appreciate all the treats, chaperones, and classroom volunteers.

I hope you have a wonderful summer vacation together. Make time to read together. Practice writing, reading, and math every day. Just 15-20 minutes a day will keep those newly learned skills from getting rusty. Your child will then be ready to move ahead the first day next school year. I have included a tentative 2016-2017 Battle of Books list. This is a great list of books at various levels that includes a variety of genres. All the books can be found at your local library or bookstore. I also want to try something new for writing this summer. If you travel anywhere this summer, Alaska or Outside, would you have your child send our class a postcard, writing about his or her activities? Even if you don’t leave Anchorage you could participate by writing about what you have been doing this summer. It would be fun to use these postcards when we return as our first bulletin board titled, “Look Where We’ve Been This Summer.” It would also be a good way to practice our writing skills. Just send all the postcards possible to Room 177 Denali Montessori, 952 Cordova St., Anchorage, AK 99501.

     As parents we are our child’s most important teachers. Setting aside time to be actively involved with our children and making difficult decisions on their behalf are two very precious gifts we can give them.

I wish you and your family good health, happiness, and a restful summer.

Sincerely,


Craig Moyer

No comments:

Post a Comment