Thursday, January 7, 2016

Thursday, January 7, 2016


Thursday, January 7, 2016

Dear Parents,

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a healthy and happy holiday season. The students seem eager to be back and are resuming their working routines. I’m looking forward to a great second semester.
         I have sent second quarter report cards home in today’s folder. Please take a few moments to talk with your child to celebrate his or her accomplishments and discuss some areas he or she needs to improve. Teaching your children how to set goals is an important tool and gift that you can give them.
         We will be going to the Performing Arts Center on Monday, February 1 to see Alaska Junior Theater’s production of “Alice in Wonderland”. We will leave the school at 9:30 and return about noon. This should be a fun musical performance. I will send home permission slips next week.
         As you probably already noticed, I also sent home the first homework of 2016 on Monday. I know this is not our usual time frame, but I wanted the students to get back into the swing of things. This homework will be tested this Friday. I have sent next week’s homework in today’s folder. If your child couldn’t finish the homework by Friday, please send it in when it is finished.
         This week the students have been studying problem solving in math, using apostrophes in contractions, practicing math facts, reading, writing friendly letters, journaling, observing our worms in science, geometry, reading comprehension and activities, and more. It is great to be back working with your children!
         If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at moyer_craig@asdk12.org of call or write me a note.

Sincerely,



Craig Moyer

No comments:

Post a Comment